Manufacturing and Distribution
Let Haefele Flanagan lead the way to airtight inventory valuations, tax credits and inventory-related financial management.
For more than fifty years, manufacturing and distribution companies have relied on the industry-specific expertise provided by Haefele Flanagan. From inventory valuations to accruals to tax credits to costs of goods sold, we understand the nuances of effective accounting in this sector, which require a keen understanding of inventory-related finance.
Manufacturers and distributors routinely experience overstock and inventory shortages that can lead to financing, cash flow and space management hurdles, impacting overhead rates and potentially denting bottom lines. Our expertise lets businesses prepare for and navigate these waters for optimal financial outcomes.
Haefele Flanagan is similarly adept at uncovering commonly overlooked tax credits related to alternative fuel, research and development, work opportunity credits and more.
When business owners need help preparing schedules and analysis tools, Haefele Flanagan steps in and creates benchmarking and profit analysis metrics that can lead to revenue clarity and increased profits. Additionally, we conduct cost segregation studies for businesses expanding an existing facility or building a new one, improving cash flow by lowering taxes in these critical moments.
In addition to our core services, we provide the following:
- Accounting for seasonal fluctuations
- Assistance in applying revenue recognition rules
- Assistance in job cost and work in progress evaluations and systems
- Assistance in selection and implementation of accounting information systems
- Breakeven and profitability analysis
- Capital planning and budgeting
- Cash flow forecasting, projections and modeling
- Claims dispute resolution
- Comprehensive evaluations of internal controls
- Evaluating and negotiating financing
- Evaluation of R & D, alternative fuel, training and other credits
- Human resources consulting
- Inventory management
- Job costing and overhead rate calculations
- Navigation of sales and use tax regulations for multi-state operations
- Outsourced accounting services